Important: Release 8.2.0 requires NIC-Container 7.0 or higher
- Zone archive. This new premium feature creates a history for each dns zone that is managed by DomiNIC. The history can be browsed and exported. Different zone versions can be compared and restored. In addition to that, users can now add comments for zone changes. Learn more about this new feature here: Zone archive
- Prices for SSL certificates can now be uploaded and will be displayed during the purchase process.
- Accounting files can be generated for SSL certificate orders.
- DS resource records can be added manually to handle DNSSEC signed sub zones. This is a premium feature.
- TLSA resource records are now available as a premium feature.
- Domain RDAP queries can be executed via Tools menu. This is a premium feature.
- Norwegian localization added as premium feature.
- License warning messages will now only appear for users that belong to the root customer, or the operator customer.
- A new mechanism prevents multiple users from starting orders for the same domain/zone at the same time.
- The option "Import zone from DNS" for the data synchronization is not activated by default any more to lower the risk of accidental use.
- Zone validation for queued orders started via SOAP API will not be performed directly, but only when the order is running. This reduces the risk of invalid validations due to other running and queued orders
- SOAP API poll message for removed domains is now being sent when the domain is really deleted at the end of the redemption period.
- Zone validation in the BPE for large zones will only validate resource records now, instead of the whole order.
- Domain authcodes will be shown in the order correspondence for soap api requests and email notifications only if the user has the appropriate right.
- Empty lines in uploaded CSR files will be ignored now.
- The display of the checkbox for the terms and conditions at the end of the ordering process can now be set by a user right.
- Display of the resend button for the user account activation email will now be displayed according to user rights and system configuration.
- Improved display of time selection fields.
- User and customer data are now displayed on separate tabs on the "My profile" page.
- Removed default asterisk for the domain name filter in the domain inventory.
- GUI layout improvements
- Internal name server groups are no longer used for data synchronization with a NIC.
- Domain imports from a NIC are now checking for the correct account.
- SIDN: Notification for removed domain contacts is handled correctly now
- Nic.at: Notifications for deleted domains ("domain-deleted") are handled correctly now.
- Fixed parsing of poll messages from Norid that contain embedded messages
- Fixed an issue with DNSSEC transfers for already signed domains, using the manual key-management
- Fixed issue for failed orders that could not be restarted when the user did not have the rights to edit all contact data.
- Host objects will no longer be created at the NIC when the name server is a hidden primary
- Fixed zone provisioning for some special cases where name servers are updated.
- Fixed issue where cancelling an SSL order could lead to incorrect display of available authentication methods in the SSL ordering process.
- TLD specific information messages on the domain contact page within the ordering process will be displayed as info messages instead of error messages
- Fixed validation of null mx resource records when multiple mx records are used
- Fixed usage of the $DOMINIC_ROOT variable in system configurations
- Improved validation of system configuration.
- Fixed layout issues within the translation manager